How To Start A Fashion Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

ph.via Pinterest

I receive a lot of questions about how to start a blog, where to find great templates, do you need professional camera, how to get followers, is that easy job etc -so I've decided it's overdue I address these kinds of questions here on my blog. I am not the most successful blogger and I know I do mistakes even today - after a two years of blogging.

Here's a few points detailing what I've learned.

1. Find simple themes for your blog. I don't like too much of colors, songs that can be irritating when     I open it. Just keep it simple. White background, black letters and maybe some color for social             media, archives, sponsors..

2. Good pictures are important. I'm sorry to say, if you're going to be a good Fashion Blogger and           create original photo content, getting your photo skills up is important. To begin with, let's all take     a trip to my very first blog post. It was't good. I did't have good camera, didn't have skills and as         much as I make afford with my outfits you can not bring it like you can with good camera and             good "eye". Later, my friend Sanja K. helped me soooo much with her camera, patience and               creativity. And when I go to Brcko or she come in Novi Sad we have such a great photo session. 

3. Be consistent. If you want your blog grow in popularity, one thing that you can trust is that posting     regularly is going to help you significantly. But!!! No posts is better than a bad blog post. Perhaps       counter to my previous point - but don't throw up any old thins just for sake of it, a chain is only as     strong as it's weakest link. Just do your best.

4. You need social media. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter... I love Instagram -it's became a great way       to discover new blogs ans fashion inspiration. For me, it's been yet another medium to engage with     my audience. 
    Here are my social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Just click on it and you can see how I do     it. And of course follow me!

5. Time. Once you've learned how to start a blog, you'll learn that blogging takes a lot of time. It's not     just about taking pictures. Blogging is a full time job. But, for most, without the paycheck.

Now as you have got to know some of the most basic tips regarding building your own fashion blog , you can easily create one for you. Be precise, consistent and to not forget to share your personal information with your readers, just to create a link between you and your regular readers.

Good luck with your new fashion blog!

Kiss,

Sladja

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Super inspiracija! onu ogrlicu moram da imam:)
    http://verondzaa.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ogrlica je za deset :) Moze se uz svasta kombinovati...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your tips!
    Thank you for your friendly words on my blog. You have an interesting blog and now I wonder if you want to follow each other?
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave your comments! Love, Sladja

Like us on Facebook